Seasonal allergies, like other types of allergies, develop when the body’s immune system overreacts to something in the environment. Spring allergies in the US typically begin in February and last until early summer.
The immune systems of people with allergies treat allergens (pollen, dust, dander) as invaders and release chemicals, including histamine, into the bloodstream to defend against them. This chemical release is what causes allergy symptoms.
There are several strategies you can take to avoid allergy triggers such as:
- watching the weather forecast for pollen and mold counts.
- keeping windows and doors shut to your home and vehicle
- taking showers as soon as you are done outside
- taking allergy medication at least 2 weeks before the start of your allergen triggers
- wear a mask if you will be doing outdoor chores.
There are also alternative treatments that can provide allergy relief and help avoid any side effects of medication.
Some alternative treatments include:
- local raw honey
- elderberry syrup
- essential oils
- sea moss
- supplementing with minerals
- herbs/herbal teas
- quercetin (the flavonoid that gives fruits and veggies their color
- increasing or starting probiotics
We use elderberries, nettle root, nettle leaf and astragalus to specifically combat allergies in our Signature Elderberry Syrup and every ingredient has properties to help with respiratory conditions.
Our Signature Sea Moss Gel has 92 minerals and some studies have shown mineral deficiencies contribute to susceptibility to allergies.
Every ingredient in our Elderflower Tranquility herbal tea, elderflowers, holy basil, hibiscus, and cinnamon can help alleviate allergies.
To get started on combating allergies today, click HERE.
Be sure to join our Subscribe and Save to get 10% off. Spring is coming early!