Seasonal allergies develop when the body’s immune system overreacts to something in the environment it believes is dangerous. Some reactions can include itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat and even hives. Spring allergies in the US typically begin in February and last through May while fall allergies run from August through November.
The immune systems of people with allergies treat allergens (pollen, dust, dander) as invaders and release chemicals, including histamine, into the bloodstream to defend against them. This chemical release is what causes allergy symptoms.
If you suffer with allergies and want relief, you have to begin by working on your immune system which starts in your gut!
70% of the immune system is housed in the gut! So when the immune system is weak, look at your gut health. Consider what you’re eating and drinking and if you’re replenishing good bacteria.
Here are 10 actions you can start NOW to help with seasonal allergies.
- Stay up to Date with Daily Pollen and Mold Counts. Being prepared before you head outdoors will help navigate allergy season.
- Increase your Quercetin and Nettle Intake. Our Signature Elderberry Syrup is made with organic elderberries which are a great source of quercetin as well as nettle leaf, nettle root and astragalus root which are all natural antihistamines.
- Probiotics Find a quality probiotic and even introduce fermented foods to build up the good bacteria in your gut.
- Wear a Mask. If you will be doing outdoor activities this will help limit the amount of pollen you’d likely breathe in.
- Take Sea Moss. This superfood boasts a high mineral profile with 92 of the 102 minerals we need daily. Many issues or symptoms experienced are rooted in mineral deficiencies.
- Keep Windows and Doors Shut Do this to minimize pollen and other allergens from flowing in your home and vehicles.
- Take a Shower. When you’re done with the outdoors, take a shower to further get rid of the pollen/allergens.
- Essential Oils like lavender, lemon, and peppermint are useful at helping with allergies. They can be used topically as well as diffused in the air.
- Drink Herbal Tea and Use Local Honey there are many herbs that are helpful in allergy support along with local honey that can be brewed into tea. Our Elderflower Tranquility herbal tea contains elderflowers, holy basil, hibiscus, and cinnamon, all of which can help alleviate allergies.
- Medication While we encourage supporting your immune health and allergies naturally, sometimes, depending on the severity of the allergy you may need to visit an allergist and take allergy medication. Allergists suggest taking allergy medication at least 2 weeks before the start of allergy season. For spring allergies they now recommend starting around Valentine’s Day. Even if you have to take medication, it’s always a Win-Win to support your immune health!
Click HERE to start supporting your immune health and get allergy relief today!
Be sure to join our Subscribe and Save program to get 10% off of our Signature Elderberry Syrup and Signature Sea Moss Gels. Spring is coming early!